- 5 lbs. bananas
- chocolate chips (took to friends' house to make a dessert, which we did eat)
From Price Chopper, because on sale:
- 1.25 lbs. ground beef (needed before Friday's Costco trip)
- 8 lbs. frozen veggies (in 1 lb. bags) - 79 cents each, no limit
- laundry detergent - $1.99 (For back-up, because I sometimes run out of the detergent I like, Charlie's Soap, before I can get more.)
- no HFCS ketchup - 88 cents (We try not to eat much ketchup due to the sugar, but the kids do use some.)
And now the biggies... Friday's shopping trips to Costco and Aldi.
Total spent, pictured = $153.
I bought organic ground beef from Costco. While I know it is not 100% grass-fed, I like knowing that it is a little "cleaner" than regular beef. (I think ground turkey from Aldi was already in the freezer... so it's not pictured.)
I also spent $28 on non-paleo food that will be taken to church or shared with friends as gifts. And I spent $6 on household items (zip-top freezer bags, kleenex, etc.). Oh, and I bribed the kids to be good shoppers by getting lunch from the Costco snack bar when we were finished :)
So far, we are on track with the grocery budget in each category except for produce - that one will have to be adjusted. I don't think we will use all our meat money, so that money will be transferred to the produce category. This is a little weird putting so many details of what I've bought on here, but it will help me and maybe it will help someone else, too.
Have a good weekend!